Verizon wants to give you a smartwatch that keeps you alert even if you aren’t synced up to your smartphone. Its called Wear24 and it is using Verizon’s 4G LTE network. Make calls, get texts, stream music, etc. It doesn’t use a separate number and mirrors your current Verizon number which is pretty interesting. It will be available in three colors of: Stainless Steel, Gunmetal Black and Rose Gold.
Wear24 + Verizon Unlimited + Android Wear 2.0
Android Wear 2.0 adds a number of new smartwatch features including music streaming with Google Play Music, Google Assistant and access to Google Play Store, all on your wrist. Having Verizon Unlimited means:
- Stream all the music you want, phone-less, from Wear24 to a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Perfect for outdoor fitness activities and leaving your smartphone behind. (Take that, pocket-less gym shorts.)
- Ask Google as many questions as you want. Ask Wear24 to “set a timer,” “play rock music,” and more. Wear24 is there to help you find answers.
- Browse and download Google Play apps directly on the watch without having to install them onto your phone.
- 1.39-inch AMOLED display (290 PPI)
- 450 mAh battery with wireless charging
- IP67-rated for water resistance to withstand being submerged in up to 3.3 feet of water for up to 30 minutes
The smartwatch will be available in stores and online from Verizon starting May 11 for $349.99. Customers also have the option of purchasing the smartwatch for $299.99 with new 2-year activation. You can add the smartwatch to an existing Verizon Plan for $5 monthly access, plus taxes & fees.