Since the beginning of 2013 I think I’ve personally tested every headphone on the market I’ve found interesting. I’ve either purchased them, got as free gifts with purchase or they were sent to me (or another staffer) to review. They range in price from $10-$400, and as with most of my gadgets they get replaced by something newer and shinier within a month or so. That being said, I was recently sent a pair of all white Loop’s, Ultra Lightweight (approx. 130g) On-Ear Headphones, by Soul Electronics.
A fashion-forward team at Soul Electronics designed the Loop On-Ear Headphones for the individual looking for an alternative to the bulkier headphones on the market.
The slim profile makes them easily portable, but they are easily collapsible into the included durable zippered storage case, which includes a carabiner so you can easily attach it to your bag (book bag, purse; etc.)
The single button controller lets you answer/end phone calls, play/rewind and fast forward music. Unlike most controllers it is compatible with most smartphones – I tried it with an iPhone 5S, HTC One and LG G2.
The audio cable is tangle free removing the headache of tangled cords when you happen to rush and toss the headphones in your bag or purse (like I often do) –making them always instantaneously ready to go.
They come with a durable storage case will ensure that your Loop headphones do not get damage during storage or transport.
- Advanced driver and circuitry design for superb bass and clean midst and highs, creates high-precision audio balance
- Sleek, fashionable on ear fit rests perfectly on your ear
- Universal one button controller, with tangle-free cable for hands free and music functions. Compatible with most smart phones and multimedia devices with 1/8″ (3.55mm) headphone input jack
- Full ear cup articulation ensures the best and most comfortable fit every time
- Portable folding design for easy storage
- Engineered with SOUL’s signature sound for pure balance of powerful bass and clear mids and highs.
When I first opened the box thought the Loop’s were cute but can’t possibly hold up in the headphone market. They proved me wrong so much so that I added them to our Holiday Gift Guide. Soul Electronics set out to give us lighter yet still fashionable headphones and they accomplished their mission. The bass is beast and the mids and lows are crystal clear. Did I mention they’re only $129? Available in Black/Black, White/White , Turquoise/Yellow and soon Fuschia Pink/Black
I gave these to my 13-year-old to test and get a second opinion. He says:
Sound is clear, concise and not muffled.
Bass is very prominent.
Unique and comfortable design
Two very satisfied thumbs up.