Maingear is known for their highly customizable notebooks. Their latest notebook; the Nomad 17 is a powerful yet portable gaming notebook. The most impressive of its many options are that it can be fitted with up to 32 GB of RAM and can support 3rd gen Intel quad-core processors. You can also get the laptop in one of six colors (“hand-painted premium automotive paint jobs, free of charge”). Pricing starts at $1599. Check out the press release for even more details on this unique gaming laptop.
The NOMAD 17 gaming laptop supports 3rd generation Intel® quad-core processors up to 3.8GHz for blazing performance and offers cool operation with maximum battery life, up to 32GB of DDR3-1600MHz RAM, and a full array of hard drive support including full size SSD and RAID 0 and 1 arrays. For those looking for faster boot up, there is an SSD caching option that works automatically for faster load times and disk-intensive tasks.
Gaming performance is as sleek as any desktop counterpart thanks to full DX11 and PhysX support, as well as NVIDIA’s Kepler architecture in their new 600 series graphics solutions. The powerhouse machine comes stock with NVIDIA’s GeForce GTX 675M, upgradeable to the GeForce GTX680M; both featuring NVIDIA’s unique Optimus Technology that maximizes power savings by dynamically assigning workload to either the built-in Intel® HD Graphics or the GeForce GPU. The NOMAD 17 also has no lack of connectivity, with USB 3.0, 2.0, eSATA, Bluetooth, Ethernet, 802.11n, HDMI, and VGA out ports.
Style and Functionality
The NOMAD 17 is also making history as the only gaming laptop in the industry to have hand-painted premium automotive paint jobs, free of charge. Customers can select one of the six sexy glossy colors available that matches their color palette. But the indulgence to the senses does not stop there: the NOMAD 17 comes with a fully backlit keyboard, a full HD 1080P 17” matte display, multi-touch trackpad with gesture and scrolling support, and dual speakers with a built-in subwoofer.
“The 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors are a perfect fit for MAINGEAR’s NOMAD 17,” said Joakim Algstam, Gaming Segment Ecosystem Marketing Manager at Intel. “MAINGEAR strives to place top tier components in their system, and the great performance and battery life that our solutions deliver make sure that gamers’ tough demands are met.”
“The NOMAD 17 is a thing of beauty,” said Wallace Santos, CEO and founder of MAINGEAR. “With a custom automotive paint job and performance parts, this roadster of a machine is quite a work of art, technologically and aesthetically. Quite simply, it is the finest gaming laptop we have ever offered.”
· Processor: Up to 3rd generation Intel® i7-3840QM
· Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 675M or 680M
· Display: 17.3″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 – (1080p) (16:9 Aspect Ratio) Anti-glare LED Backlit Matte Finish
· Memory: Up to 32GB Dual Channel DDR5 – 1600Mhz
· Optical Drive: Up to 2X Blu-ray reader/8x Multi Combo (BD-R, DVD+-RW, CD-RW)
· Hard Drive: Up to dual 512GB Solid State Drive or dual 750GB 7200RPM SATA 2.5
· Network Adapter: Integrated 802.11n b/g/n wireless
· Audio: THX TruStudio Pro Integrated High-Definition Audio HD Audio with speakers by DynAudio
· Media Card Reader: Built in 4-in-1 Media Card Reader
· Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home, Professional or Ultimate 64-Bit
· Battery: Removable Li-Polymer Lithium-Ion
· I/O Ports: 1 HDMI out, 1 DVI-I out, 2 USB 2.0, 3 USB 3.0, 1 IEEE-1394 Fire Wire,
1 S/PDIF out, 1 RJ-45 LAN, 1 RJ-11
· Dimensions: (W)16.85″ x (H)2.17″ x (D)11.34″
· Price: Starts at $1,599
All of MAINGEAR products are supported with lifetime labor and phone support with one to three year hardware warranty. For more information about MAINGEAR’s NOMAD 17 gaming notebook, visit: www.maingear.com/nomad17