Sony continues their odd naming structure for their flagship Xperia 1 series with the new Sony Xperia 1 IV. This powerhouse of a smartphone isn’t just another me-too flagship device and instead is catered directly towards content creators with advanced photo and video capabilities with 4K 120 frames per second (fps) slow-motion video recording on all lenses. Although that’s not all it’s capable of as it also has advanced gaming capabilities, and an immersive entertainment experience with a brighter HDR display and powerful audio features, all wrapped in a compact and modern design.
- Offering the world’s first true optical 85-125mm zoom lens
- 120fps high-speed readout image sensor for all three rear lenses to never miss the moment.
- Cinematic video expression with true 4K 120fps, up to 5x slow-motion video recording.
- Real-time Eye autofocus (AF) and 20fps AF/AE burst shooting in HDR on all three lenses, providing pictures with the richest color and contrast
- Livestreaming with “Videography Pro” or “External monitor” feature applications
- 120Hz display delivers exceptionally smooth graphics performance and 240Hz high-speed touch scanning rate puts game players in complete control of the action
- “Game Enhancer” can be used to fine tune the image and audio settings and supports livestreaming for real time content sharing
- About 50% Brighter 4K 120Hz HDR 21:9 wide display and Real-time HDR drive
- Further enhanced front facing Full-stage stereo speakers and high-quality sound recording with “Music Pro”
- Powerful 5,000 mAh and long-life battery for longer use with Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Mobile Platform
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus® and with IP65/68 water and dust resistance
- Plastic free packaging, with about 50% less package size compared to previous models. Reduced CO2 emissions by up to 36% per unit compared to conventional packaging-sized transportation
Those looking to purchase the new Sony Xperia 1 IV however might be a bit disappointed by the price as Sony has listed this all-new flagship at a whopping $1600 US. While it’s true that there is a lot of phone here and some really great specs on paper, $1600 is a bit much to swallow considering the competition. Though Sony may be on to something as it is targeting a very niche market it seems so it is possible that there are buyers out there.
The Xperia 1 IV will be available in on September 1, 2022 for approximately $1,600.00 USD. It will be sold unlocked in black at a variety of Sony’s authorized dealers throughout the United States. ? Purple will be available exclusively at www.electronics.sony.com. Pre-orders for both the Xperia 1 IV and the Style Cover with Stand will begin today, May 11, 2022, at 11:00 am EDT.