If you’re looking for an affordable yet feature-rich WiFi router packed with the latest in specs, take a look at the latest Rock Space AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router. This WiFi 6 router touts 802.11ax technology, four high-gain antennas and Beamforming technology, BSS Coloring Technology, OMDMA and MU-MIMO, WPA3 security protocols, and Target Wake-Up technology. We’ll explain what all these features are in a bit. Just know that it’s a lot of tech for the small price of entry Rock Space is charging.
The Rock Space AX1800 Dual Band WiFi 6 Router is one of their latest routers to hit the market. WiFi routers have proven to be incredibly popular thanks in part to the fact that many of our devices now require wireless connectivity and the fact that WiFi routers are so easy to set up. Not only that, but the fact that you no longer need to run long cables throughout your home is another plus and step that people just don’t want the hassle of going through. With this, you just plug it into your existing broadband modem and you’re pretty much good to go after a short and easy setup process.
Setup for the AX1800 WiFi 6 Router just requires that you connect to the router’s network first, enter a new password, and that’s basically it. If you want, you can go into all the advanced settings and change these around to suit your needs, but for the most part, you probably won’t have to adjust anything. You can also download the RS Home app and set up the router like that. The app is a slightly simplified version of the Web UI version, which you’ll use if you are setting this up with a PC.
For advanced users, you can go into the app or web interface and rename your router, change passwords, enable or disable features, and you’ll also need to use these to update the firmware if need be. What you should do though is enable features like uPnP, QoS, OFDMA and MU-MIMO, WP3 security protocol, and possibly TWT. If you don’t know what these mean, here’s what they do:
- uPnP – Universal Plug and Play is a network protocol that allows devices to automatically set port forwarding rules for themselves.
- QoS – Quality of Services just controls the network traffic and gives priority to apps and devices that need a faster connection and resources.
- OFDMA – This divides each channel into small sub-channels, allowing signals from multiple connected devices to be bundled together and transmitted simultaneously. This reduces latency.
- MU-MIMO – This brings fast and seamless connection for up to 128 devices at the same time without sacrificing network speeds.
- TWT – With Target Wake-up Time technology, connected devices only wake when transmission tasks are on. This effectively reduces the power consumption and extends battery life of those devices.
- WP3 – This is just the latest security standard which helps protect users privacy.
Aside from these, there are also built-in Parental Controls that allow you to limit the time spent on the Internet per device. You just need to enter the IP address of each device you want to limit and the time they can be on.
In terms of performance, it’s very good considering the low cost. You get four high-gain Beeamforming antennas for coverage up to 2500 sq.ft. If you’re able to connect via LAN, there are four additional LAN ports on the back of the Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 Router. Speeds seem where they should be for my home as I am getting roughly what I would be getting on my 1gig Internet. The only real difference I see between the Rock Space AX1800 and my old router is the distance. This one seems to reach much farther and seems more stable.
So if you’re in the market for an affordable, yet powerful WiFi 6 router, the Rock Space Dual-Band AX1800 WiFi 6 Router is a good choice. This is the second Rock Space product of tried and so far, I haven’t been disappointed by their results. They’re very easy to set up and the companion apps they come with are user-friendly so anyone can use them. If you’re looking to boost your home network, give the Rock Space AX1800 WiFi 6 Router a try. You won’t be disappointed.
You can currently grab the Rock Space AX1800 here on Amazon for 20% off.