The LG V50 ThinQ isn’t what I would call a popular phone and that’s mostly due to the fact that it’s currently exclusive to just two carriers right now in the U.S.. Being a 5G device makes it a bit expensive right now too. What that also means is that accessories for it aren’t as easy to find so you kind of just take what you can when it comes to protection. Luckily, if you’re looking for a glass screen protector, PureGear has you covered with the Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector that not only protects, but includes PureGear’s Pure Pledge that is good for $100 if your phone ever needs to be repaired.
PureGear’s Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the LG V50 ThinQ is a bit different from some of the other glass screen protectors out there. Usually on these, the “sticky” portion is all over the back of the glass which provides a great adhesive hold. However this can cause a lot of bubbles during the installation phase if not done properly. The Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector only has the “sticky” portions on the outer edges so you’ll never see any bubbles on the main viewing area.
Installation is a breeze on the PureGear Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector because of the included Perfect Alignment Tray. All you have to do is:
- Place the LG V50 ThinQ in the tray and then clean the screen with the included alcohol wipe and microfiber cloth. If there’s a bit of dust on the screen, use the dust removal sticker sheet.
- When the phone’s screen looks perfect, just remove the backside of the screen protector and then lower it onto your screen.
- When you’re happy with the placement, firmly slide your fingers down both sides of the screen protector to activate the adhesive.
- When that’s done, remove the top film and you’re left with the just the glass screen protector on your phone.
- The last step requires that you now firmly press down on the top and bottom sides of the screen protector so that the outer edges are now firmly attached to your phone.
The actual process is much simpler than it sounds on paper. I literally took me about 2 minutes to install the PureGear Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector and the results were perfect. Non bubbles and no dust underneath the screen protector.
The screen protector is very clear and seems to work with all touch operations like normal. I can use the PureGear Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector along with the cases I’m using and it does not get in the way at all. The screen is also very smooth and allows you to slide your finger across it with not much friction.
- Japanese Tempered Glass
- Strengthened and Fortified to Withstand Drops
- Ultra thin thickness is reliable and resilient, and delivers full compatibility with touchscreen sensitivity
- Premium Quality, Highly durable, and scratch resistant – surface hardness 9H
- Case-Friendly Fit
While the glass on smartphones is getting harder and more durable, they are still prone to scratching and breaking. That’s why with each new phone I get, I still apply a screen protector, whether it be glass or a plastic film. The PureGear Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the LG V50 ThinQ I will say is a very good option for those who are in need of a screen protector for this particular device.
What I also really like about these is that PureGear includes the PureGear’s Pure Pledge, which if you damage your phone while the screen protector is on, they’ll give you $100 towards the repair. I’d say that along with the protection the screen protector gives, is more than enough reason to choose the PureGear Steel 360 Tempered Glass Screen Protector for the LG V50 ThinQ.