Back in November, Gunheart had one of its biggest updates but they continue to add on and fix any issues in the game to make your experience better each time. Some of the huge changes with what they are calling their “Winter Update” is weapon progression where the more you use that particular weapon the better it gets with age.
Also who doesn’t love a good challenge? They have added Challenges to each mission that will give you particular objectives to beat and will give you some sweet bonuses. One of the best things now is that the price of Gunheart is now at $29.99.
You can learn about this update from each watching the video or reading the presser below.
NEW CONTENT FOR GUNHEART NOW LIVE
Futuristic Co-Op Virtual Reality Shooter Available For New Price of $29.99
SEATTLE, WA – February 23, 2018 — Drifter Entertainment, an independent video game publisher and developer comprised of industry veterans known for building award-winning franchises, hardware and gear, today announced that new content has been released for Gunheart, a futuristic co-op virtual reality shooter which entered Early Access on Steam in July 2017. Fans of the game can now experience all of the new content on Steam Early Access for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift for the new price of $29.99 (originally $34.99).
Check out Drifter Entertainment’s Creative Director Brian Murphy in the Winter Update video as he highlights the new content for the game: https://youtu.be/8enSSMS9AG0
In Gunheart, teleportation technology has opened humanity to new worlds of opportunity across the galaxy. Now prospectors, colonists, fanatics, and adventurers have spilled into the cosmos in search of fortune and independence. In this lawless frontier, mercenary mech pilots like you are all that stands between human progress and what menace might have been awakened in the deep beyond.
The new content for Gunheart is now live and includes:
- Weapon progression: unlock new abilities for your weapons by using them in combat;
- Default mods: all weapons now have a signature modification that is applied as long as you have an open mod slot, increasing their utility as soon as you acquire them and offering more options as you unlock additional slots;
- Bonus challenges: new challenge system added to reward you with extra loot for completing the objectives across missions;
- Survival Mode – Money pumps: game mode has been revamped to offer additional strategy and interaction for players. It’s a great place to earn some extra cash + loot;
- Hit reactions and death animations: the team has spent a lot of time improving the responsiveness of dealing damage to enemies, improving the overall feel of combat fairly dramatically. Weapons such as the shotgun now have a much more satisfying blast back when landing the killing blow on an enemy;
- Combo weapon re-balance: we’ve loosened the consumption rate on ammo and increased the odds of finding ammo throughout missions to ensure you have more opportunity to utilize your combo weapons;
- CPU Optimizations: an experimental object culling technique has been added to improve CPU performance, especially notable on CPUs that may be previously bottlenecked on single core performance;
- Money/ammo/loot kegs can be blasted at other players, giving the rewards to that player instead of yourself;
- New social tool items have been added.
For additional information about Gunheart, please visit the official Web site at http://gunheartvr.com, the official Discord server at http://discord.gg/gunheart and follow us on Twitter @vr_drifter.
Powered by Epic’s Unreal® Engine 4, Gunheart is rated ‘T’ for Teen by the ESRB and is available on Steam Early access for HTC Vive and for Oculus Rift at the Oculus store for $29.99. The game will also be available for Sony PlayStation®VR this summer.
Gunheart entered early access on Steam in July 2017. You can view the early access launch trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHww8UKRUKQ&feature=youtu.be
For previous content updates, visit:
August update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHgR_hv5OLs
October update: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXL3ykXxTO0
Fall update: https://youtu.be/itg7aVe5h3s