Today is the day that every Skype user has been waiting for if you own an iOS device. Just in time for the new year, Skype has released their newest version of the Skype Mobile app for the iPhone which finally incorporates video calling. This is a feature that has long been missing from the iPhone version and one that every user has been asking for.Â Obviously in order to make full use of the video call feature, youâ€™ll need either an iPhone 4 or a new generation iPod Touch. Older devices can still use the video call feature, but will be limited to using only the rear facing camera or only receiving video if you have a device with no camera. Skype to Skype video calls can also be made on either 3G or WiFi which is an improvement over Appleâ€™s own Facetime service which only makes calls over WiFi and you can use the new version of Skype to place video calls with users on PC’s and Macs as well.
New with Skype 3.0:
- Make Skype to Skype video calls on WiFi and 3G*
- Call Skype desktop users (Mac OS X or Windows) and other iPhone users.
- Two-way video calls supported on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th gen.
- Receive only video supported on iPad and iPod touch 3rd gen, with no camera.
- Make video calls in portrait and landscape.
- Skype video calling requires iOS 4.0 or above.
Get the new Skype now here in the App Store.