Just when you thought the TV market couldn’t get any better Samsung shows us when we are missing our home entertainment lifestyles. Like Samsung has done the past few years they have us an eye at the newest televisions before they hit the main state for CES. This year they gave us a look at their KS9500 SUHDTVs which showcased features such as a near bezel free curved design and a screen producing 1,000 nits thanks to its Quantum dot display.
All the 2016 displays from Samsung this year have HDR capabilities built-in and also is running their Tizen software as well. This allows such options as:
- New Smart Hub – The 2016 Smart Hub is designed to provide users with simple access to their favorite content all in one place. Live TV,over the top (OTT), games and even the menu that appears on the home screen of the Samsung Smart TV allows users to access theirfavorite programs as soon as they turn on the TV.
- Samsung Smart Control remote – The new Samsung Smart TV eliminates the need to juggle multiple remote controls. The Samsung Smart TV will automatically recognize the type of set-top box, game console, OTT box or home theater system that is connected to the TV. This allows users to control all of the external devices with the Smart Control remote — with no setup required.
- Console-less Gaming – Consumers can enjoy the most realistic gaming experience on a large screen without the need for a console. More than 500 streaming and downloadable games will be available on the 2016 Samsung Smart TVs. Recent additions for PlayStationTMnow include Assassin’s Creed III, Batman: Arkham Origins, The LEGO Movie and many more.
- EXTRA Service – With a push of the EXTRA hot button on the Samsung Smart Control remote, information related to the content will appear onscreen instantly. Users can see player profiles and stats during sporting events, information on cast members for their favorite TV shows and more.
- Smart View – The Samsung Smart View mobile app allows users to share their favorite content instantly with their family. The upgraded Smart View is now available beyond Samsung Galaxy devices, supporting Android and iOS devices, as well as Window PCs. Popular apps and websites including AccuWeather, Crackle, iHeartRadio, M-GO, Plex, Pluto.TV, UFC, Vimeo, YuppTV and more are all also Smart View enabled, so consumers can begin the entertainment experience right within the apps and services they enjoy most.
- More access to content – Streaming UHD movies and TV shows from providers such as Amazon, M-GO, and Netflix and accessing apps such as YouTube has gotten even easier. UHD technologies developed by NeuLion will also enable a selection of sporting events to stream 4K live. Consumers can also connect Samsung’s new Ultra HD Blu-ray Player via HDMI (2.0a) for access to UHD movies with HDR. Direct access to live programming from providers such as Dish and Time Warner Cable is simplified.
A concept they showed off this year was one called MediaSquare. It’s basically what you can call a party app you can control with you and friends and play different songs and what not. The UI looks pretty interesting and can be synced such devices as your smartwatch or smartphone. Of course they were using Gear S2s and Galaxy devices so it be cool to see how it works further in the future. If you want a better idea of how it works you can check out the video below…
Samsung also unveiled its first Ultra HD Blu-ray Player, the UBD-K8500, which is HDR compatible and offers four times the resolution and 64 times detailed color expression of a conventional Blu-ray player. It features a sleek, curved front design, and is available for pre-order now and for purchase in the U.S. in March 2016.
When paired with Samsung SUHD TV’s Quantum dot display, the new UHD Blu-ray player delivers a level of picture quality never before seen in the home. The UBD-K8500’s built-in upscaling technology enhances the picture quality from standard Blu-ray discs and DVDs, and consumers can also play CDs.
Samsung has partnered with Hollywood studios to ensure consumers have a selection of Ultra HD Blu-rays with astonishing HDR picture quality. This year, Twentieth Century Fox is slated to release more than 30 4K Ultra HD discs with HDR including films like The Martian, Peanuts, and among others.