The HEX Brand is known for their luxury approach to bags and apparel and with their latest release, they team up with filmmaker, MTV personality, and YouTuber Rory Kramer to build a bag specifically made for road warrior cinematographers. Unlike your typical large camera bag, the HEX x Rory Kramer Cinema Bag backpack promises not only easy access pockets and dividers – a given for today’s bags – but a stylish departure from boring overly functional gear bags that are common today. Here’s what to expect.
Bag Specs via HEX
- Deep design for cinematic gear ie. Canon 1DX with lens attached
- Padded waist belt for additional lumbar support
- Stash pocket on waist belt for quick access to memory cards, cash, etc.
- Quick access into the main compartment from top and side
- Large adjustable mesh water bottle pocket
- Fits Up To 17″ Laptop
- ID/Business card holder
- Organizer in front pocket
- Large mesh zipper pockets on interior
- EVA Foam Protection
- Adjustable sternum strap
- Adjustable Interior dividers allow you to customize your setup to your gear
- Exterior Tablet/Phone Pocket
- Thick padded shoulder straps with air mesh lining
- Tripod Straps
- Custom Geo Camo coated canvas, treated for water resistance
- Non-skid accents
- Custom YKK® HEX zipper pulls
- High contrast orange tricot lining
- Dimensions: 20″L x 12.5″w x 6.75″H
- Volume: 27.6L
What we’re looking forward to
Filmmakers and videographers typically have to carry larger/lots more gear than your typical stills shooter and that presents a basic physics problem: how do you build a bag that can carry a large camera body, lenses, and everything else you need to shoot great content, but keep it all light enough to carry. The HEX x Rory Kramer Cinema Bag looks like a well-designed “heavy” bag with ample room for a Canon 1DX with lens attached and even a 17-inch laptop (rare these days for backpacks) without sacrificing comfort. If you’re video shoot involves going down the road less traveled, the thicker should straps, pads, waist and sternum straps sound like they’ll help keep you from falling out.
You can order the HEX x Rory Kramer Cinema Bag now directly from HEX for $240.