Sharp is set to release its AQUOS Crystal smartphone which has a near borderless 5″ display. It looks to give you an edge to edge screen experience. Specs wise it will have 8GB Storage(expandable to 128gb w/ microSD), 1.5GB RAM, and 8MP camera. Also built inside is a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and will be running Android KitKat 4.4.2. It does sound like its more for the midrange market but at least it has Harmon Kardon Clar-Fi and LiveStage built-in which were pretty good on the HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Edition that dropped a few months back.
The audio technology behind it helped amplify the sound and was a pretty terrific feature to have. I’m hoping it works and sounds the same way on the Sharp AQUOS Crystal. As for the display of the AQUOS Crystal I’m interested to see how this looks in person as their AQUOS line of televisions have always been gorgeous. Hopefully this translates to their smartphone line.
- Advanced camera and photo features. 8MP rear camera with flash (3261×2448 photo resolution; 1080P@30FPS video resolution) and 1.2MP front camera (1280×960 photo resolution; 720P@30FPS video resolution).
- Night Catch: brightens both subject and background to capture tricky nighttime shots
- Sequential Shots: catches rapid movements by using one simple button hold
- Framing Advisor: improves photos by doing the thinking for you. Eye line adjustment, grid guidelines and modes for capturing food, people and nature make it easier to achieve a balanced and dynamic photo, just like a pro
- Clip Now. Exclusively developed to enhance share-ability, Clip Now takes screenshots with one swipe and saves them with an embedded URL to share easily with family and friends
- Crystal clear sound. Direct Wave Receiver uses the entire panel surface of the phone to create sound. HD Voice virtually eliminates background noise, and WiFi calling allows users to use voice and messaging services over Wi-Fi networks
- OfficeSuite. Easily edit any Microsoft® Word, Excel or PowerPoint document directly from your phone, whenever, wherever
- Speaktoit Assistant. Speak to the Assistant in natural language to get answers to questions, open apps, check the web, news and weather, set up proactive schedule reminders, get map directions, place calls, send texts, send emails, post to social media, and much more
- Google Mobile™ services. Easily access Google Play, Search, Maps, Navigation, Talk, Calendar, Google+, Gmail and YouTube, all from your AQUOS Crystal Phone
Sharp AQUOS Crystal is set to drop later on with Sprint and even Boost Mobile. We will have more on it when we get our hands on it shortly.