Today AT&T announced it will be releasing the ASUS PadFone X on June 6 here in the states. ASUS is usually known here in the states more so for its laptops such as the Transformer ultrabooks they had before and there oh I hope we can forget netbooks. One thing about the PadFones by ASUS is they been around for quite some time just not out here. They have been shown off various times at past CES and MWC events over the years.
Key Device Features:
- 5-inch full HD Android 4.4 (KitKat) smartphone that docks into the included PadFone Station to transform into a 9-inch full HD tablet
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800 2.3GHz quad-core CPU
- 16GB of on-board storage and a Micro SD slot supporting up to 64GB of additional storage
- Dual front speakers, which includes ASUS SonicMaster technology to deliver a full and immersive audio experience
- 13 megapixel, f/2.0 aperture PixelMaster camera
- Turbo Burst Mode makes it easier to seize that perfect moment by enabling the camera to capture photos at up to 35 frames per second.
- Power Matters Alliance (PMA) wireless charging
What’s great about the PadFone X is it actually comes with the docking station which can be doubled as a tablet. For those that don’t like carrying around both devices this might be ideal for some.
Also there is a special promotion where you can purchase the blue or white ASUS two-pack tablet cover and Wireless Charging Folio and the Duracell Wireless Charging Mat for only $80 – a $50 savings.
The ASUS PadFone X with included PadFone Station will be just $199.99 over 2yr contract or $22.92 per month with AT&T Next 18, $29.80 per month with AT&T Next 12. Pre-orders are available HERE