Today LG showed off its successor to its wildly popular LG G2 smartphone with the LG G3. We were invited to a press event where we watched a live simulcast of the unveiling in London. Most of the features they focused on was the display, camera, and build quality. The LG G3 is the first of its kind with a Quad HD display and with 538ppi on a 5.5″ screen. Resolution is almost over 2x that of usual Full HD and can definitely be seen up close. The camera is still 13MP but now has Laser Auto Focus, and advanced OIS. It helps to snap pictures in less then one second. Also the build of the LG G3 itself is slicker then ever and it even feels lighter in comparison of the LG G2.
Keep a eye out as we bring you some hands-on with the LG G3 and some comparisons to the LG G2.
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon™ 801 (up to 2.5GHz Quad-Core)
- Display: 5.5-inch Quad HD IPS (2560 x 1440, 538ppi)
- Memory: 16/32GB eMMC ROM / 2/3GB DDR3 RAM / microSD slot (128GB max)
- Camera: Rear 13.0MP with OIS+ and Laser Auto Focus / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh (removable)
- Operating System: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Size: 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 149g
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA+ 21 Mbps (3G)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth Smart Ready (Apt-X), NFC, SlimPort, A-GPS/Glonass, USB 2.0
- Color: Metallic Black, Silk White, Shine Gold, Moon Violet, Burgundy Red
- Other: Smart Keyboard, Smart Notice, Knock CodeTM , Guest Mode, etc.