For the past several months I’ve religiously carried the ClamCase Pro for my iPad when traveling and I’ve loved it. I didn’t think I would come across any other invention to make my iPad more laptop like. Until this week when I saw the Modus III and immediately knew this was made with my life in mind. Not only does it give me the laptop experience but it will also have a docking station so I can charge my phone – ANY of my phones. The Modus III is not simply a bluetooth keyboard or an iPad cover it’s a productivity lovers dream come true. It is currently LIVE on Kickstarter and you can pre-order yours now. Why should you ? Let’s look at the specs:
Modus III Key Features:
- Built-in premium laptop-sized Bluetooth keyboard with ergonomic typing angles (adjustable to 12-degrees)
- 180 degree adjustable screen viewing angles
- ErgoTrakTM patent pending slide rail system (customized tablet and keyboard positioning 7” front to back)
- Adjustable angle smartphone docking station (Lightning, 30-pin & micro USB adapters included)
- Rear storage compartment for plugs, cords or misc. items
- One-click release of iPad/tablet for freehand use
- Mini-amphitheater speaker sound enhancement
- Modular protective iPad/tablet case with path to upgrade
- Integrated power and volume buttons
- Interchangeable iPad dock for 30 pin and lighting (both included)
- Highly protective, lightweight design with aircraft-grade aluminum frame and high-strength polycarbonate interior (Both 100% recyclable)
- Wall-charge devices while stationed inside Modus III
- Full access to ports, function buttons and camera
- TSA checkpoint friendly
The introductory model fits iPad 2, 3 and 4, all iPhones and micro USB Android smartphones. It’s lightweight and portable at 1.9 lbs. and fits into a 15” sleeve. If you find the workstation to be a bit much to carry everywhere you can choose to click the highly-protective case out of Modus lll making it even more mobile.
Another deal sealer for me is that the Modus lll comes with upgrade ability so when the iPad 5 is announced, for example, a new Modus lll case will be available at a nominal cost and Modus lll owners can click it right back into their workstation. So you won’t need to stay with old technology in order to keep from swapping out all of your current model specific accessories.
Pricing and Availability
Early adopters can take advantage of the incredible limited quantity special at $169 (first 125 units). After that, pricing will shift to $179 (for the next 175 units) $189 (for the next 225 units) and then to $199 thereafter. MRSP for Modus III is $299. Custom color schemes are also available on Kickstarter at slightly higher prices.
Upon successful funding on Kickstarter, Modus III will immediately move into its 4 to 5 month first run production schedule. For those that have maybe had not such great fulfillment experiences with Kickstarter projects please note:
We know that some crowd-funding projects can have difficulty following through on their promises once the funds are raised, which is why our team secured Hotwire Development, LLC, a full circle product development partner with a 20-year proven track record of success,” said Patrick Peterhans, co-founder at Modus III. “While most firms focus on concept refinement and prototyping, our award winning team will also oversee the entire process of tooling and production.
Head over to Kickstarter for more info and/or help the project reach it’s funding goal. Also, check out the video below of the Modus III in action.