I’m going to start off this review by saying that the FUJIFILM Photo Receiver will only be useful to a select few people. It is only useful to those who own a FUJIFILM camera that is equipped with built in Wi-Fi for image sharing. As of this review, I’ve only used this app with the FUJIFILM FinePix XP170 which I reviewed here. The app itself is pretty basic and will allow you to transfer images directly from your digital camera to your smart device as well as allow you to upload directly to Facebook or Twitter after.
There isn’t much to say here except that this app does work, though you have to do some steps before you can use it properly. First you need to set your camera to playback mode and then press the connect button on the camera. This will start the Wi-Fi network. Go to your iPhone Settings and go under Wi-Fi Networks and connect to the FUJIFILM camera network. After this, you can start the FUJIFILM Photo Receiver app and make a connection to the camera. You can’t view any of the images through the receiver however. You have to use your camera to select the images you want to transfer and then upload them form the camera to your device. The photos you transferred will then show up in the app and are saved to your devices camera roll as well. From here, you can choose whether or not you want to upload them to Facebook or Twitter.
If you own a FUJIFILM camera with the ability to trasnfer files wirelessly, you’ll most likely want to pick up this app if your device supports it. It’s a handy little app to have and honestly, the images taken from a real camera are still far better than those taken on your camera phone. Even though camera phones these days have gotten much much better, image quality is still not match for a real dedicated camera.
FUJIFILM Photo Receiver
If your digital camera is equipped for connection to wireless networks, the FUJIFILM Photo Receiver app will make uploading pictures to a smart phone or tablet a snap.
Smartphone System Requirements
iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch: iOS 4.2 to 5.0
Using FUJIFILM Photo Receiver
1. Start FUJIFILM Photo Receiver.
2. On the camera, select playback mode and display a picture you want to upload.
3. Simultaneously tap Connect on the smartphone and Connect to smartphone icon on the camera.
4. When the camera locates the smartphone, its name will appear in the camera display.
5. Confirm that the name of the destination smartphone is correct and tap Start sending on the camera.
6. To upload additional pictures, display them on the camera and tap Connect to smartphone icon. Up to 30 pictures can be uploaded in a single session.
7. To end the session, tap End on the smartphone or BACK on the camera.
8. The app can be launched by pressing the Share button.