Metro: Last Light will immerse the player in the haunting, desolate ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, one of the most richly detailed and beautifully realised gaming worlds of modern times. Developer 4A Games will deliver a terrifying, atmospheric single-player adventure that fuses thrilling combat with exploration and survival horror to create a unique, memorable experience.
â€œWe believe that Metro 2033 was a flawed masterpiece,â€ said Danny Bilson, EVP Core Games, THQ. â€œIt was a beautiful, original game that didnâ€™t get the marketing support it needed. We wonâ€™t make that mistake with Metro: Last Light.Â This game improves on the original in every way â€“ it will have more polish, deeper and more sophisticated gameplay, and satisfyingly visceral combat, without losing what our fans loved about the original. Metro: Last Light is another artful piece of game development from an Eastern European studio that will thrill and terrify anyone looking for a more cerebral experience than your typical first person shooter.â€
Metro: Last Light pitches the player into the midst of a desperate civil war for control over a doomsday device that threatens to destroy humanity forever. The epic single-player campaign and unique multiplayer experience will benefit from the extraordinary lighting, physics and destruction made possible by Metro: Last Lightâ€™s bespoke 4A Engine technology.
Metro: Last Light will be unveiled to the public at this yearsâ€™ E3 Convention with a live gameplay demonstration.
About Metro: Last Light
It is the year 2034.
Beneath the ruins of post-apocalyptic Moscow, in the tunnels of the Metro, the remnants of mankind are besieged by deadly threats from outside â€“ and within.
Mutants stalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisoned skies above.
But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro are locked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from the military vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity from the face of the earth forever.
- As Artyom, burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival â€“ the last light in our darkest hourâ€¦
- A gripping, story-driven first person shooter, Metro: Last Light is the hugely anticipated sequel to 2010â€™s critically acclaimed cult classic Metro 2033
- Experience thrilling combat with an exotic arsenal of hand-made weaponry against deadly foes â€“ both human and mutant â€“ and use stealth to launch attacks under the cover of darkness
- -Explore the post-apocalyptic world of the Moscow Metro, one of the most immersive, atmospheric game worlds ever created
- Fight for every bullet and every last breath in a claustrophobic blend of survival horror and FPS gameplay
- Next generation technology boasting stunning lighting and physics sets a new graphical benchmark on both console and PC
- Wage post-apocalyptic warfare online, as Last Light delivers an intense multiplayer experience amongst the dark Russian ruins
Platforms: Xbox, PS3, PC
Genre: First-Person Shooter
Developer: 4A Games
Release Date: TBA 2013